|| powered by |
oikos Winter School 200802.10.2008 - (idw) Private Universität Witten/Herdecke gGmbH
The Winter School 2008 will take place from November 16th to 22nd at Witten/Herdecke University, Germany. Students can apply until the 10th of October 2008. Slogan: "New Entrepreneurs - New Perspectives"
Under the patronage of Prof. Dr. Hans-Gert Pöttering, President of the European Parliament, the oikos Winter School 2008 will take place from November 16th to 22nd at Witten/Herdecke University, Germany.
In line with the slogan "New Entrepreneurs - New Perspectives", the Winter School invites students from all over the world and every discipline to convert their ideas on sustainable economics and management into action.
The oikos Winter School is an annual platform of the oikos international network that was founded in 1987 at the University of St. Gallen. In context of the UN Decade for Education for Sustainable Development (2005-2014), the oikos Winter School invites 25 highly motivated students to develop projects and sustainable solutions together with prospective companies, such as Daimler, Deutsche Telekom, McKinsey, RWE and Sekem.
In framework of lectures, discussions and workshops, the participants will elaborate creative solutions for challenges in automotive, communication, energy, medicine, and finance. A constructive and open-minded dialogue as well as the reflection of existing and upcoming practical actions in terms of sustainability is a core element of the whole Winter School in 2008.
High level representatives of economy and science will challenge the students respectively "tomorrow's entrepreneurs". To name a few renowned guests:
- Helmy Abouleish, Founder, Managing Director, Sekem Group
- Dr. Ignacio Campino, Head of Corporate Sustainability and Citizenship, Deutsche Telekom AG
- Prof. Dr. Alfred Endres, Fern-Universität in Hagen, Witten/Herdecke University
- Hans Michael Hölz, Global Head of Sustainable Development, Deutsche Bank AG
- Dr. Jan Henrik Hübner, Mc Kinsey & Company Inc.
- Joachim Löchte, Senior Manager of Group Environmental Affairs, RWE AG
- Dr. Konrad Schily, Founder of Witten/Herdecke University, Member of the German Parliament
- Thomas Waschke, Senior Manager of Society and Technology Research Group, Daimler AG
Every single person has the strength to make a difference on individual level.
Students can apply until the 10th of October 2008. For further information visit our website http://www.oikos-winterschool.org .
c/o Universität Witten/Herdecke
Alfred-Herrhausen-Str. 50, 58448 Witten, Germany
HTML-Code zum Verweis auf diese Seite:
<a href="http://www.uni-protokolle.de/nachrichten/id/164275/">oikos Winter School 2008 </a>